Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Creating a portfolio


Nevada
Originally uploaded by Erin Eli
Towards the end of March, I'm going to apply for scholarships at school and I need to submit a portfolio of 10-20 images. I've never made one before and I'm so intimidated! How do I judge my best work?

To be honest, some of my favorite shots are things like this that I took with my Polaroid Landcamera. A few people have told me that Polaroids should be fine to include, as long as they're "cohesive with the rest of the portfolio".

Thoughts? Help!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're undoubtedly strong in portraits. can you just do that? if not, maybe people and things about or representing certain people. although, all photography is representation...hmmm...this is tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call.. I don't know why I didn't think of it from a subject matter approach. Thanks A!

    ReplyDelete